Monday 1 December 2014

The Calgary Stampeders ended up so enthusiastic after winning the Grey Cup, that they broke the trophy

The Calgary Stampeders ended up so enthusiastic after winning the Grey Cup, that they broke the trophy.
Calgary Stampeders broke the Grey Cup Trophy
Calgary linebacker Juwan Simpson hoisted the Grey Cup above his head to rejoice Calgary’s 20-16 victoryover Hamilton on Sunday when the cup section of the trophy began to split from its base.“I
think I’m the one that did it,” said Simpson. “I don’t know. I grabbed the tropy and was excited, and all of a sudden, it got a little (loose.) Some glue and some duct tape and it’ll be great.“I
don’t know if I was holding it (when it brokeor I had been holding it before it going went off, but I felt it weaken within my hands – and I politely gave it to some other person.”Simpson
said he hopes the CFL won’t send him a bill for any mishap.“But I got me a Grey Cup cheque,”
he was quoted saying. “In a worst-case scenario, I’m able to pay for it.”

2014 grey cup announcement/trophy awarding to the Calgary stampeders



No comments:

Post a Comment